Registration is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Remember, when you bid on a koi at www.trinidadkoi.com or www.caribbeannishikigoi.com you are entering into a binding contract to purchase that koi from QPS Ltd. Please do not bid if you do not intend to purchase.
Winning bidders will be notified by email and/or telephone and must arrange for payment of their purchases within 48 hours of said notification. Koi must be picked up or shipped within 7 days after the auction closes. QPS Ltd will not be responsible for koi that are not picked up or shipped within this time frame.
Koi may be picked up at our physical location at LP85 Calcutta Settlement Road #1, Freeport, Trinidad, W.I. or can be shipped abroad to the winner using Federal Express or by Air Freight to the closest major airport. All freight charges are for the buyer's account.
Shipping charges vary according to destination, and depending of the number and size koi to be shipped. Buyers can save on shipping charges by shipping more than one koi at a time. Call 1-868-673-5000 for details. Combine your Koi shipments to maximize your savings on shipping costs. During the 7-day guarantee period, bid and find companion Koi for your shipment.
Please note the exceptions to the above as set out in the Conditions of Sale
QPS Ltd ships only to addresses in the Caribbean, USA & UK.
Shipping charges are always for buyer's account.
Koi are living animals. In the event that a koi becomes injured, ill or for any other reason unsalable during the course of an auction, QPS Ltd reserves the right to withdraw that koi from the auction. QPS Ltd may at its option withdraw a koi from the auction without notice. QPS Ltd maintains a strict quarantine protocol, and strongly recommends that buyers quarantine all new purchases. In any event QPS Ltd is not liable for death or injury to any other Koi or the purchased Koi consequent upon the failure of the purchaser to exercise reasonable care when introduction new fish into an existing system.
QPS Ltd cannot accept any returns on livestock due to our strict quarantine protocols.
All sizes are approximate plus or minus an inch. All descriptions are subject to change without notice.
I AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL QPS Ltd (www.trinidadkoi.com or www.caribbeannishikigoi.com), THEIR OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES, BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, OF ANY TYPE, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL FOR NEGLIGENCE OR IN ANY CAPACITY FOR SERVICES PROVIDED. THEIR SERVICES ARE WHOLLY AT MY RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY AND I UNDERSTAND THAT MY PARTICIPATION IN AN AUCTION MAY RESULT IN LOSSES TO MYSELF, FOR WHICH I RELEASE QPS Ltd OF ALL RESPONSIBILITY. I EXPRESSLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST QPS Ltd, THEIR OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES, ARISING OUT OF MY PURCHASE, SALE OR USE OF ANY ITEMS LISTED OR PURCHASED FROM QPSL.COM.
UPDATING OR CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
If some of your information needs to be changed or you think that the information you provided to QPS Ltd is incorrect, you can send an e-mail specifying the information that needs to be changed or modified to email@example.com
All content included on this web site, including text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, and images, is the property of QPS Ltd, its licensors or its content suppliers. The compilation of all content on this web site is the exclusive property of QPS Ltd. All programs/macros used on this site are the property of QPS Ltd and/or its. The content and programs/macros on this site may be used as a personal entertainment resource. You may not copy, publish, distribute, create derivative works of, or commercially exploit the content of this web site without express written permission of QPS Ltd. Users wishing to obtain permission to reprint or reproduce any materials appearing on this site may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about this auction policy/privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, e-mail us at email@example.com or call 1-868-673-5000.
QPSL/Trinidad Koi Auction Conditions of Sale
- Every bidder shall be deemed to have full knowledge of these conditions and to agree to be bound by them.
- Time shall be of the essence of all conditions in which time limits are prescribed; provided that where the time limits for any person to do anything expires on a weekend or public holiday then the weekend or public holiday shall be excluded from the computation of time.
- The auctioneer may without giving any reason therefor refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons and may re-arrange, consolidate or withdraw any koi from the auction.
- The auctioneer/ QPS Ltd reserve the right to exclude from the auction process and person in his absolute discretion.
- The decision of the auctioneer/ QPS Ltd as to any sale shall be binding and conclusive, and the auctioneer shall not be liable in any way to the bidder.
- ALL SALES FINAL:
- The purchaser’s bid is an agreement to purchase an item if your bid for a koi becomes the winning bid.
- Approval for cancellation of a winning bid is at the sole discretion and approval of QPSL.
- A restocking fee of 20 percent of the winning bid will be assessed for all cancellations.
- Payments must be completed within 2 business days (Monday through Friday) starting on the day after the end of each auction. For example, if the auction closes on Sunday, payment must be received by Wednesday. If the auction closes on Thursday, payment must be received by the following Tuesday.
- KOI HEALTH GUARANTEE:
- Prior to shipping and subsequent to pick up, your Koi's health is guaranteed for up to 7 days at no cost to you provided that the death or sickness was caused by the act or default of QPSL’s servant and or agent. If anything should happen to your Koi within the 7-day guarantee period (i.e. illness and/or death) prior to shipping, QPS Ltd will offer 3 koi from the same variety/type and quality of similar or better value, whereby the winner would have the choice of one.
- We do our very best to keep your Koi in good and healthy condition until shipment. We will not be held liable if anything should happen to your Koi after the 7th day. If a Koi becomes sick or dies after its 7th day health guarantee period, QPS Ltd will not be held liable, and no refund, store credit, or replacement will be made.
- NOTE: The free 7-day guarantee period starts the day after the auction ends. For example, if an auction closes on Wednesday, the first day of the 7-day guarantee period starts on Thursday.
- NOTE: Each Koi of a winning bid has its own 7-day health guarantee. The health guarantee period is not extended by purchasing another Koi. If a Koi becomes sick or dies after its 7-day health guarantee period, QPS Ltd will not be held liable, and no refund, store credit, or replacement will be made.
- Refunds and store credits do not include shipping costs.
- It is the duty of the purchaser to arrange for collection/shipping within 7 days of winning the auction. Please contact our office by calling 1-868-673-5000. If a Koi becomes sick or dies after its 7-day health guarantee period, QPS Ltd will not be held liable, and no refund, store credit, or replacement will be made.
- QPS Ltd is not liable for damages to the box and/or koi due to shipping or delays in shipping or delays at the relevant ports of entry in relation to the clearance of koi. However, we will do everything we can to assist buyers with their claim to the delivery provider. QPS Ltd recommends that buyers purchase shipping insurance.
- HOLDING FEE:
- If a Koi is held by QPS Ltd beyond the 7-day guarantee period, a holding fee will be charged to your account.
- If the Koi Purchased is $100USD or under, a holding fee of $10USD per week or any part thereof would be charged.
- If the Koi Purchased is between $101-250USD, a holding fee of 10% of its value would be charged per week or any part thereof.
- If the Koi Purchased is between $251-500USD, a holding fee of 12% of its value would be charged per week or any part thereof.
- If the Koi Purchased is $501USD or above, a holding fee of 15% of its value would be charged per week or any part thereof.
- During the extended holding period, if a Koi becomes sick or dies, QPSL will not be held liable, and no refund, store credit, or replacement will be made.
- If after the 1 week extension period the koi is not collected and or shipped by the purchaser then QPS Ltd at it sole discretion and without notice to the purchaser can either continue to hold the said koi or to put the said koi up for auction. If upon resale as aforesaid a lower price is obtained than was obtained on the first sale, the difference in price, together with all costs and charges attending the re-sale shall be an additional debt due to the purchaser in default of the first sale.
- SYSTEM OUTAGE / TEMPORARILY HALTED AUCTIONS:
- With the currently available technology, it is simply not possible to develop and operate software and data processing systems (hardware) completely without errors, or to rule out any unpredictable events in connection with the internet (hereinafter referred to collectively as “technical faults”). QPS Ltd, therefore, provides no guarantee for the constant and uninterrupted availability of its website and technical systems. In addition, but not subject to, QPS Ltd will not be liable for any damage whatsoever incurred by auction users or third parties from using QPSL services. In particular, QPS Ltd will not be liable for damage that occurs due to bids submitted by auction users not being received by QPS Ltd or not being received promptly or not being considered, as a consequence of technical faults. Any exceptions to this will be made solely at QPS Ltd discretion. If an entire auction is deemed to be disrupted due to a hosting or coding problem affecting all or a significant amount of users, QPS Ltd reserves the right to deem the auction null and refund any bids placed in said auction.
- MORE INFORMATION: Go to the website’s Help page.
- BINDING AGREEMENT: These conditions of sale are to be read together with the Auction Policy and shall together constitute a binding agreement.